Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

COASTAL CLEAN UP

Posted by Sunrise Gracie 
COASTAL CLEAN UP
June 19, 2011 05:53AM
HI EVERYONE, IT'S GRACIE

THIS EMAIL WAS SENT TO ME AND IT'S VERY IMPORTANT, IT'S OUR COMMUNITY, IT'S OUR BEACH, OUR BOAT LAUNCH, OUR HIGHWAY AND IT'S SHAMEFUL. I'M SORRY I COULDN'T DOWNLOAD THE PICTURES, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE, WE DRIVE PAST IT EVERYDAY, EVERYWHERE, AND I AM SORRY, JACK & SUSIE, THAT BECAUSE OF THE RESTAURANT BEING OPEN, I WASN'T ABLE TO PARTICIPATE, BUT COUNT ME IN ON ADOPTING HWY 40, AND HOPEFULLY DOING A BETTER JOB AT PAYING ATTENTION, PASSING THE WORD, AND CLEANING UP, AND BEING PROUD OUR COMMUNITY

| Below are pictures of trash that was picked up at one location (Bird Creek Bridge) today 6/18/2011.The group of 8 that did this had planned to work from the bridge to the boat ramp. Because of the volume of trash at the bridge after 3 hours of picking up trash we were unable to do as planned.

As citizens of this community we are appalled at the inconsiderate people that discard personal trash in this manner 20 tires, over 20 cans of paint, garden hose , batteries,TV sets not to mention hundreds of beer bottles, plastic bottles, ice bags, coolers you name it is out there. Granted some of the trash comes from boaters that fail or forget to secure their trash and they need to be reminded to do so by posting signs at the boat.

Susie and I are asking for volunteers to periodically clean county 40 and adopt this road. At the same time I will ask the county to consider adding trash barrels at the bridge and to place no littering signs along the highway to help eliminate some of the problem. I have seen where a citizen has put a hand painted sign at the beach along the river where their families swim, obviously they see the problem.

If you are interested in helping in adopting this road from the stop signs to the boat ramp let me know we will then proceed to file the appropriate papers need to adopt the road.

Thank you

Jack & Susie Schofield
JSchof7338@aol.com
Re: COASTAL CLEAN UP
June 19, 2011 07:54AM
I know the signs would reflect good intentions, but they would be litter of their own kind and wouldn't work, anyway.

Photos
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login