Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SUNDAY LIVE MUSIC AND LAWN CHAIRS IN YANKEETOWN

Posted by Sunrise Gracie 
SUNDAY LIVE MUSIC AND LAWN CHAIRS IN YANKEETOWN
April 10, 2011 05:50AM
HI EVERYONE, I HOPE YOU HAVE BEEN ENJOYING SOME OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES THIS WEEKEND, IT'S BEEN BEAUTIFUL OUT, WARM WITH A LITTLE BREEZE GOING ON. I KNOW FROM THE CUSTOMERS AT THE RESTAURANT THAT THE FISH ARE BITING. FRANK AND I WENT KAYAKING AGAIN WITH MIKE AND MIKE ON THURSDAY (MY DAY OFF) AND BROUGHT BACK SOME TROUT AND SPANISH MACKERAL. IT'S SO MUCH FUN. WE STOPPED AT THE YANKEETOWN GENERAL STORE (I"M SO HAPPY THEY ARE OPEN AGAIN) PICKED UP A FEW LIVE SHRIMP, PUT THE KAYAKS IN THE WATER AT THE BIRD CREEK PARK, AND FISHED AND PADDLED AROUND FOR ABOUT THREE OR FOUR HOURS, IT WAS GREAT.

I"VE HAD QUITE A FEW PEOPLE SAY TO ME THAT THEY COULDN'T KAYAK, BECAUSE IT'S TOO HARD TO GET IN AND OUT OF, BUT LET ME TELL YOU, ANYONE CAN DO IT, AND AS PRICEY AS FUEL HAS GOTTEN, IT'S BECOME MORE AND MORE POPULAR. IT'S EASY, IT'S LIKE BEING A CHILD AGAIN, WEAR PLAY CLOTHES, SIT YOUR BUTT DOWN ON THE BEACH OR IN THE WATER, AND ROLL INTO IT AND OUT OF IT. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO HURT? YOUR PRIDE? EMBARRASSMENT? NO, NO, NO, RELAX, LAUGH AT YOURSELF, PUT YOUR SUNBLOCK ON, YOUR FLOPPY HAT ON, YOUR LIFE VEST ON, A BOTTLE OF WATER, AND GET SOME EXERCISE. YOU'D BE SURPRISED HOW EASY AND HOW MUCH FUN IT IS. FRANK AND I DON'T RENT THEM OUT ANYMORE (INSURANCE WAS TOO COSTLY) BUT CAPTAIN'S COVE DOES AND JACK SCHOFIELD DOES. IT COSTS LESS THAN FUELING UP THE BOAT AND IT'S BETTER FOR YOU.

WELL, BEFORE I RAMBLE ON SOME MORE, THE PURPOSE OF THIS WAS TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE WEATHER IS GREAT, THE FISHING IS TOO, AND AT THE END OF DAY (SUNDAY FROM 5PM TIL 9PM) BRING YOUR LAWN CHAIRS AND YOUR DANCIN SHOES TO THE RESTAURANT, WE HAVE BILL PATE'S BAND "JUST US 4" PLAYING OUTSIDE, GOOD MUSIC AND GOOD FRIENDS, TO COMPLETE YOUR WEEKEND. IT'S LOTS OF FUN, SO I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND EACH OTHER, LIFE AND LOVE ARE TOO PRECIOUS NOT TO ENJOY
GRACIE
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login