Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FUN WEEKEND IN YANKEETOWN

Posted by Sunrise Gracie 
FUN WEEKEND IN YANKEETOWN
March 18, 2011 07:53AM
HI EVERYONE,IT'S JUST GRACIE

IT'S GOING TO BE A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND, PERFECT FOR KAYAKING AND FISHING, WHICH I DID ON WEDNESDAY. THE TROUT WERE REALLY BITING. FOUR OF US PUT IN AT BIRD CREEK PARK, PADDLED JUST A SHORT DISTANCE AND PUT LOTS OF TROUT ON A STRINGER. TWO OF THE GUYS USED ARTIFICIAL LURES, JIGHEADS AND RAT L TRAPS, FRANK AND I JUST USED LIVE SHRIMP AND POP N CORKS. THE MOST EXCITING MOMENT (AND SCARY TOO) WAS WHILE I WAS FISHING I COULD SEE A BIG PORPOISE IN THE DISTANCE, AND ALL OF A SUDDEN HE CAME LEAPING WITHIN TWO FEET OF MY KAYAK, AND I JUST KNEW I WAS GOING OVER, BUT LUCKILY HE JUST MADE A HUGE (WELL, TO ME IT WAS) WAVE. THE DAY COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE PERFECT.

SATURDAY, THE WITHLACOOCHEE AREA RESIDENTS, INC. ARE HAVING THEIR THIRD ANNUAL KAYAK AND CANOE RALLY AND/OR RACE DOWN THE WITHLACOOCHEE. I DID THE TRIP LAST YEAR AND IT WAS FUN AND BEAUTIFUL, AND WHEN IT WAS ALL OVER, LUNCH WAS WAITING FOR YOU AT THE END, ALONG WITH LOTS OF FUN PEOPLE AND GOOD STORIES. IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP, THEY WILL BE PUTTING IN AT THE SPILLWAY AT BUDDY RISHER'S PARK IN INGLIS AND ENDING AT THE WINDING RIVER GARDEN PARK IN YANKEETOWN.. YOU WILL REALLY ENJOY YOURSELVES.

SUNDAY, BRING YOUR LAWN CHAIRS AND YOUR DANCIN' SHOES AND WE'LL HAVE LIVE MUSIC BY BILL PATE AND HIS BAND "JUST US FOUR" . IT WILL START AT 5PM UNTIL 9PM. LOTS OF FUN, FOOD, DOLLAR BEER, AND LOADS OF GOOD PEOPLE HAVING A GOOD TIME.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MY FRANK GET HIS PIZZA & PASTA TO GO STARTED LAST WEEKEND. WE DID MAKE A COUPLE DELIVERIES BUT MOSTLY PEOPLE PICKED THEM UP. IT'S SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE GOING OUT OR COOKING.

PS WE WILL BE HAVING FRESH OYSTERS FROM CEDAR KEY FRIDAY NIGHT, WE HAVE A VOLUNTEER SHUCKER, AND A DEEP FRY GUY. SO IF YOU HAVE AN URGE, WE'LL FEED IT.

NO MATTER WHAT CHOICES TO MAKE THIS WEEKEND, I HOPE YOU WILL COME OUT AND ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER AND HAVE A GREAT TIME.

OH, FORGOT TO MENTION, I DID HEAR THAT THE YANKEETOWN GENERAL STORE WILL BE READY TO OPEN ON APRIL FIRST. ALL OF US ARE ANTICIPATING SEEING THEIR REMODELNG JOB, WE'VE HEARD ALL SORT OF RUMORS AS TO WHAT THEY ARE ADDING AND CHANGING. "JUST DON'T CHANGE YOUR FRIED CHICKEN" ADD A BAR OR ADD A RESTAURANT BUT "SAVE THE CHICKEN" WE VERY MUCH MISS THEM, THEY ARE GREAT PEOPLE WHO HAVE REALLY BUILT UP THEIR FOLLOWING IN THE SHORT TIME THEY HAVE OWNED THE PLACE

ENOUGH CHAT, SEE YOU LATER.
Re: FUN WEEKEND IN YANKEETOWN
March 20, 2011 10:31AM
The leader at 4+ miles:

Photos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 08:24AM by Steve Myers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login